The Governing Body has 3 core functions:-
- setting the vision, ethos and values of the school;
- holding the Headteacher and Senior Leadership to account;
- overseeing the ﬁnancial performance of the school.
The role of the Governing Body is to oﬀer a mixture of challenge and support to the school which includes:-
- setting the aims and objectives for the school;
- setting performance targets for achieving those aims and objectives;
- monitoring and evaluating the progress the school is making towards achieving those aims and objectives;
- approving school policies;
- ensuring all children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
- approving the school budget and monitoring expenditure;
- appointing the Headteacher, assessing his/her performance and setting their pay;
- assisting in the appointment of members of the teaching staff and agreeing their pay recommendations;
- hearing appeals on pupil exclusion;
- dealing with staff grievances and disciplinary action;
- ensuring compliance with statutory safeguarding requirements.
As part of the role it is useful for the Governing Body to receive feedback from stakeholders, including parents.
Please note that in accordance with the school’s Complaints Policy the Governing Body will only deal with issues that remain unresolved following direct contact with the school. All parents are therefore encouraged to approach the school in the first instance. Please contact the Governing Body via the School Office.
Our Governors come from a range of backgrounds bringing valuable resources to support the school. If you would like to know more about the role or are interested in joining the Governing Body please contact the Chair of Governors, Mr Paul Jay, via the school office.
Please find below details of how the Governing Body is structured including names, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
Governing Body 2017-18
|Name||Category of Governor||Term of Office Expires||Responsibilities||Relevant Business Interests||Relationship to Staff||Meetings attended 2016-2017|
||None||Wife is a Mid-day Supervisor at the school||5/6|
|Ginny Brigden||Local Authority||24/11/2019||
||Husband is Assistant Headteacher at Hadleigh HIgh School||N/A||6/6|
||Vice Chair at Laureate Academy and Nursery, Newmarket||N/A||5/6|
||Wife is teacher at Gt Waldingfield Church of England Primary||N/A||2/4|
|Ang Morrison||Acting Headteacher||Ex-officio||
Member of staff
Husband is Vice Chair at Highfields Nursery School, Ipswich
|Amy Hilton||Staff||30/06/2021||Member of staff||N/A||1/1|
Member of staff
Son-in-Law is Sports Development Officer at Abbeycroft Leisure
|Name||Category of Governor||Relevant Business Interests||Meetings Attended 2016-2017|
|Emily Edison||Staff||Member of staff||1/4|