Our school ethos is core to all that we do at Abbots Green. It underpins our teaching and learning and provides an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our School Ethos
- To provide children with a variety of opportunities which will enable every child to reach their full potential and become a well-rounded individual.
- To go the ‘extra mile’ to make learning as enjoyable and memorable for the children as possible.
- To appreciate that each child is different and to understand their uniqueness.
- To support every child within our school in the best possible way.
- To present a consistently positive attitude towards the children.
- To encourage success within our school community.
- To develop positive relationships with parents, Governors, local schools and the wider community.
Abbots Green Equality Objectives
It is of the utmost importance to us that all members of our school community are treated equally and respect one another.
- All learners are given the opportunity to learn and make progress through rich learning experiences, including activities before and after the school day, therefore narrowing the gap between groups of learners.
- We recognise, respect and celebrate difference in and out of the school community.
- We encourage positive relationships and attitudes towards our academic learning and emotional well-being.
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers to learning, particularly for pupils eligible for free-school meals, pupils with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and pupils from minority ethnic groups.